Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pens, Markers, and Other Writing Instruments

I usually doodle/write on all my pages so pens are a must! Here are some I’ve tested and love:

Dip Pens: If you want to try something new and fun, I love using a dip pen with ink. I use the Speedball Sketching Project Set with Higgins Waterproof Black India Ink. It takes some practice to get the hang of writing and doodling this way, but it is much more economical than using pens all the time.

Uni-Ball Signo Pens: These are a great pen that works wonderfully and writes well over acrylic paint and collage. You can find black and blue at any office supply or retail store. You'll most likely have to order the Uni-Ball Signo White Pen online however as I have a hard time finding it in stores.

Sakura Gelly Roll Pens: I absolutely love these. These come in all kinds of colors! Get a whole set! They also write pretty well over acrylic paint most of the time. 

Pilot G2 Pens: These pens last a really long time, write over ink, and do the job well. They are also really economical. They however are NOT really all that waterproof and will smear.

Uni-Posca Paint Pens:They write wonderfully well over acrylic paint, watercolor, anything really. As a bonus, they come in cool packaging too you can use for collage fodder!

While there are all kinds of cool pens, don’t feel like you need special pens however. There are some amazing ball point pen artists out there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

My Blog List