Friday, February 21, 2014

DIY WOOD PALLET TABLE RUNNER

DIY WOOD PALLET TABLE RUNNER


Today’s guest post comes from Aileen of At Home In Love! This girl knows all about DIY and making your home prettier than everyone else’s. Take it away, Aileen!
stir-stick-runner
I’m Aileen from the blog At Home in Love and I’m so honored to be guest posting here today! Today I’m sharing a little DIY project that would be perfect for your next party: mini shipping pallets that you could use as a table runner, cake stand, etc. Shipping pallets have been a big trend in home decor this year–from headboards to coffee tables to flooring. I’ve been wanting to do a project of my own, but they’re not as easy to come by as Pinterest makes it seem. And besides, I’ve heard there can be dangerous chemicals and general nastiness on pallets (after all, who knows where they’ve been?)…so when I thought of this idea, it seemed like the perfect way to get my pallet fix in a clean, cute, and miniature way. It doesn’t hurt that this project is super easy and basically free, too!
supplies
Supplies:
  • 16 paint stir sticks per pallet. You can buy them in bulk online, or pick them up for free at your local hardware store
  • Natural/light colored wood stain (optional)
  • Hot glue & hot glue gun
stain
building-pallet
Directions:
Stain the paint sticks for a more realistic color. You can skip this step and leave your wood untreated if you’d like. If your stir sticks have writing on one side, glue together three sets of two, writing side in. Lay down three stir sticks (writing side down), at the length of one stick.
Glue crosswise the three sets of sticks that you already glued together–one on each end and one in the middle. Glue the last seven sticks on top, laying flat with the writing side down.
mini-pallets
Voila! You have a mini shipping pallet, ready to party. I made two of these and laid them on my table as a runner. All you need is $5 worth of flowers from your local farmer’s market and a couple mason jars, and you have a cute and budget-friendly centerpiece! I like that you can tuck some flowers into the slats of the pallet itself. There are tons of other possibilities for these mini pallets too: placemats (if you’re ambitious and want to make a lot), wall decor, etc. What would you use them for?
pallet-table-runner
See more of my DIY projects on my blog or check out my Pinterest board filled with clever, easy projects! You can also find me on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram.
Photography: At Home In Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

My Blog List